The California Department of Consumer Affairs/Bureau of Automotive Repair (DCA/BAR) recommends that you refer to your vehicles owner's manual for information on how often to service your car. We hope you'll also use the following tips that will help save gas, keep California's air clean and help your car pass its Smog Check:
1. Make sure your tires are inflated properly and check wheel alignment.
2. Change your engine oil and oil filter regularly.
3. Change your fuel filter regularly.
4. Always refer to your owner's manual and use the motor oil and fuel recommended by the manufacturer.
5. Change your air filter regularly.
6. Keep your engine tuned.
7. Check your emission control devices.
8. Service your engine right away when warning lights go on.
9. Check all hoses, wiring and belts.
10. Check the PCV valve and breather elements.